Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine Removal

Rob Patching

Further to my post a couple of weeks ago re my gearbox not selecting reverse, I have to remove my engine...

Now i only put it in 2 weeks ago so i'm pretty sure i know what i'm doing, but just wondered if there were any things i should look out for when doing it backwards!?

Any tips/hints gratefully received!

Rob

• Leadership Team

If you have a mechanical speedo cable, remember to remove it before you swing the engine out. Otherwise, it's an expensive part to replace when you break it (been there, done that...)

Michael.

I've disconnected the low pressure fuel return line. fuel seems to be endlessly syphoning out from the petrol tank is there no sort of valve to prevent this, do i have to empty the tank? what will happen when i disconnect the high pressure fuel line?

Disconnect the battery!!

Remove gear lever, I forgot and just had to remove it with engine half out!!

Tape up chassis rails to prevent chipping paint.

Label connectors

Plenty of rags around to mop oil/water that always seems to pour/dribble our from every orifice

Tony

L7 EVL *evil*

If you blat mail me I can send you my procedure / spanner sizes, for a VX XE / HPC - speeds things up hugely to have all tools handy and have a beautiful assistant to hand them to you and make cups of tea / get beer, this is essential 😬

Add lightness, says the man with a VX :-)

My 2002/2003 racing pics

here

General pics (mostly of 7's and cars).

here