Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K7 SVH Iver/Langley/Honda roundabout under the M4

henry21p

What is it about that roundabout, seems to be the place I'm always spotted. Oh hang on, where you in the red thing I noticed behind me - sorry bluetooth headset, was on the phone... If that was you, I remember being annoyed at how much better the red cars engine sounded:)

--

what the same spec of engine sounds like in a 7 on the rolling road

--

But that just sounds like my VVC, but louder with more induction noise. Which is what I'd expect from a VVC with roller barrels.

The 21's engine sound had real character, something lacking from mine.

--

Roller barrels, light head port, skim, lightweight flywheel, updated MEMS, increased fuel pressure and a rear exit exhaust with twin tailpipes and you'll be there!

--

My understanding (and please correct me if I am wrong), is that none of the above bar the exhaust change would give me a VVC that sounds like the one in the 21.

Louder and revvier maybe, but still completely lacking in character. Though I wonder what difference changing the exhaust cam would make...

The exhaust layout on a 21 is completely different. Mine is de-catted too.

It's a 2 inch bore all the way back - the silencer in the side is considerably smaller than the can on a 7 and there are a pair of expansion boxes at the rear. The tailpipes are far larger than required for the sakes of cosmetics of the rear of the car and they seem to amplify the lower tone notes.

The enclosed bodywork and complete underskin as well as the deep boot seem to act like a "bass box" as well, giving it a real rich rumble. Even with a rear exit exhaust on a 7 and a similar engine, the tone is not as rich.

Oh, and I've blown the stuffing out of my exhaust.