Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

intercom for '7'

combine

I'm looking as we speak. Autocom and Starcom1 seem to come highly recommended on here especially the higher end ones with proper noise cancelling and lots of inputs (phone, pratnav, music etc.)

I'll probably buy some comfy Peltor Optime II or III Ear Defenders (if they can protect my lugs from a marine diesel fire pump they'll do) and modify to make my own practise/road headsets. (Better half struggles with ear plugs, in ear phones)

Finding your local big Motorcycle dealer seems best bet though they pop up on fleabay regularly.

I must remember that I'm in public

I wouldn't go for the practice headsets. They do work very well but after wearing them for a few hours on a long trip I guarantee you will find them very uncomfortable and your head feeling as though it is in a vice! They can get quite uncomfortable in higher ambient temperatures as well.

I changed this year from a Peltor setup to a Starcom 1 Digital with lightweight headsets and bespoke moulded earpieces. They are infinitely more comfortable to wear and effectively shut out most external noise and wind buffeting. *thumbup*

You can definitely hear all that you need to of external noises including horns, engine, other vehicles and signals (provided you have the now standard fitment beeper) although obviously they are all muted and it does cut out, to a very great degree, the less acceptable noises such as wind roar and buffeting.

Thanks for the info on the headsets , yes we want them to act as ear plugs as well and be comfortable , and I think my wife will enjoy being driven much more if she can still give me orders that I can hear not that they have any more chance of being carried out . *nono*

I use the the standard Peltors "Practice headsets" that Autocom supply with the Autocom Pro-Rider Kit 300 and have been very pleased with this system. I bought some of the headsets with trepidation (after reviewing Blat chat comments) but these headsets were comfortable when worn during our recent touring trip of Brittany (2-3hrs/day) and nowhere near as bad as previously described. Maybe I just don't have big ears *eek*.

Dick

Superlight SV Duratec R400

Edited by - dickbowyer on 23 Jul 2008 22:01:54