Click here if you are having website access problems ×

04 onwards De Dion Tube

ben7

Hi,

I have a de dion tube from an 05 academy car for sale. The original tube was replaced under the CC safety recall with this tube, so it's likely to be newer than the year of the car IYSWIM - I just can't remember when the recall was.

The is the later type de dion tube with the single suspension mounting to the bottom of the tube. It's probably done around 6k miles and is perfect condition (freshly wiped with an oily rag!)

Please note that I am replacing it as I have the pre 04 style spring/damper setup from Freestyle. So, if you're running a recent car with modern suspension then you won't have a problem, but if your suspension is from an older car, then you will need rear springs about 2 inches longer.

£120 plus p&p, available from 28th July.

Thanks,

Ben

Dave - I have a Dedion tube that I have just taken off my car with through the tube mountings...

I took it off my old 1997 superlight as I was using the under the tube mounts and was paranoid by the various failures that have been described on here... i assume if you use the "through the tube mounts" it will be perfectly fine!?

PM me if you are interested - only trouble is I am in Scotland and I think you're Wales!?

I am driving to brum in a couple of weeks which is part of the way 😳 *smile*

---

my mind is blank....

• 4 weeks later...