Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Harness - Willans - Bulk Buy

brucehc

Prices from Willans below. Is everyone still interested - please email me.

To make things difficult - LUKE details at the bottom!

Is there enough interest out there for another Bulk Buy, and if so would people be happy with something akin to the Jan 06 arrangement? here

(Dave I hope the details aren't copyrighted?!)

If you go to - here

and look and look at the Club 4 x 4 Caterham - it will give you a fair idea. It seems they will now do Ally adjusters on both shoulder and waist straps. choice of 3" or 2" webbing - fr either shoulder and/or waist, and either 4 point or 6. The 4 point can be upgraded to a 6 point harness at a later stage - for FYA compliance you will need to provide batch number from original - no hassle.

Silverstone 4x4 Caterham

Shoulders " Lap " Alloy Adjusters Price Price with 20% Discount

3 3 2 £206.76 £165.41

3 3 4 £255.17 £204.16

3 2 2 £192.82 £154.26

3 2 4 £241.23 £192.98

Silverstone T6 Caterham (6 Point with a T type crutch strap)

3 3 2 £220.69 £176.55

3 3 4 £269.10 £215.28

3 2 2 £209.84 £167.87

3 2 4 £258.25 £206.60

Silverstone V6 Caterham (6 Point with a V type crutch strap)

3 3 2 £217.75 £174.20

3 3 4 £266.16 £212.93

3 2 2 £206.89 £165.51

3 2 4 £255.30 £204.24

T type crutch strap £13.34 -20% = £10.67 to make it a 6 point harness

V type crutch strap £10.79 -20% = £8.63 -------------------"-------------

"These prices are all inclusive of VAT and are for each harness in any colour, even your guy with the yellow ones who we will certainly not say No to! The cost of shipping will be £23.50 for all to be shipped to 1 address."

Please find attached three photos showing the CPRO4 here and the B2006F here (which is very similar to the 6-point FIA harness for a Caterham).

These harnesses are all available in either black, red, blue or silver. Unfortunately we can only offer yellow to special order and for large production runs (150 – 200 belts).

Now, this is where it can all get very complicated:-

The only belts that we have in our range which are specifically designed for the Caterham are the CPRO4 and the CGM4. The CGM4 and the CPRO4 have 2” shoulders and laps.

We can however build just about any belt from our range with correct fittings and specially cut shoulder and lap straps to fit into a Caterham.

This puts us into a situation where the belts that you have requested prices for simply do not exist unless made to special order. They would have to be based on standard belts from our range so…

Prices for the pictured belts:-

CGM4 = £46.50 each

CPRO4 = £83.50 each

B2006F (cut for Caterham) = £115 each

The 2000 and B2000 ranges can all have crutch straps added at a later date. We can only add lightweight alloy adjusters to 3” webbing.

I would like to offer you 10% off of these prices for an order of 10 – 19 harnesses and 15% on an order of 20+ harnesses. Please note that all prices are + carriage and VAT.

I hope that this provides you with enough information to be going on with and will be happy to discuss your requirements or any additional matters should you want to.

Edited by - brucehc on 28 Jul 2008 15:53:52

Interested *thumbup*

Six point silverstone driver side and 4 point silverstone passenger (if possible!)

3" shoulder and 2" waist (I think).

I was just about to order some when I spotted this thread. *thumbup*

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

Edited by - CageyH on 17 Jul 2008 21:36:59

I am particularly interested in the Willans, with the reverse lap adjusters (easier to use with Tilles). Sabelt may be another option worth considering?

If it makes it easier, two four points will be fine...

None yet - or at least none that I could make head or tail of. Willans did get back to me when they said they would, but the answerphone message was unworkable. I have emailed them with a number of questions, and asked for prices for a number of scenarios, based on initial interest from 8 people - 16 harnesses.

The one bit I did manage to make out on the mesage was that they would do a deal for 10+ ...... good news!

*wavey*

I am still interested....

I would like a:

Silverstone 4x4 Caterham (4 Point with an additional V type crutch strap) 3 2 2 £165.51 in black.

and a

Silverstone 4x4 Caterham 3 2 2 @ £154.26 in black

Good work! Thanks.

Edited by - CageyH on 28 Jul 2008 21:41:11

3 3 2 - 3 inch shoulder straps, 3 inch waist and 2 alloy adjusters (Shoulder only)

3 3 4 - 3 inch shoulder straps, 3 inch waist and 4 alloy adjusters

If i have understood correctly.

Thanks for the explination. a few more questions

if you buy a Silverstone 4x4 Caterham 3,2,2. its £154.26 then add a V belt £8.63 = £162.89

now a 3,2,2 Silverstone V6 Caterham (6 Point with a V type crutch strap)is £165.51

Am i right they are the same Harness just bought in a diffrent way?

David

D

David - from the horses mouth - price difference is FIA related admin charge. Not necessary if you are not going to race

"Yes you are right in thinking that they are the same harness just bought as a 4 point with the crutch as an addition. The variation comes form the FIA approvals, let me try (?!) and explain. All the straps of a harness must have an FIA label. The label will have the expiry date of the harness for FIA approval as well as letter and number codes which depict if it is a 4 point, 6 point, HANS use, LD (fixed at the crutch strap), Single Seater, etc version. All the labels on a harness much match and the scrutineers at each race 'should' check this.

If a 4 point harness is then purchased and a crutch strap added the labels will not match as the original labels on the 4 point will depict it was a 4 point harness. Obviously this is only important if you, or your club members, are needing the harnesses for FIA approved races."

Edited by - brucehc on 25 Jul 2008 14:03:42

Edited by - brucehc on 25 Jul 2008 14:06:04

BTT for Luke prices.

I was trying to make a growingly complicated scenario more simple by adding to my first post.

Luke have come back, and are considerably cheaper, but is it a case of "you get what you pay for"? For a start the prices are based on 2" harness straps.

Tempted to stay with Willans.