Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Delbert the Business Guru - Help part 2

GTD

Delbert - the CEO has just written to all staff -

Commitment always reminds me of the old saying about the difference between commitment and involvement -- in a ham and egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Yes, we all have skin in the game when it comes to EHS, and that’s why it works so well at Alcoa.

We will be truly successful when we also have skin in the game in terms of Disciplined Execution and DI. I have personally seen how the process of DI logic through the use of Action Sheets can help transform good performance to great performance.

Am I right in thinking that we all now have to go out and execute pigs, but not chickens? Do we wrap the chickens in the sheets, then? And is the Detective Inspector there to check up on us?

As a vegetarian, am I allowed not to murder my pigs? Or is that career suicide?

-----Warning - no Caterham content here

No Eco town here please

• Area Representative
Commitment always reminds me of the old saying about the difference between commitment and involvement -- in a ham and egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed.

Oh yawn. I have heard that often, whilst about my work in business conferences. Everytime I hear it, I think "Why do you expect people to die for your company?" It is a cr@p analogy and utterly useless. Allied to that, it is an old and tired cliche and presenting it betrays a tired and lazy mind.

Please may I present an apology to the remainder of the sheds for being to the point, direct and remaining on topic. *cry*

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

• 2 weeks later...