Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lemans Classic

tricky dicky

Loads all around the village.Wow dream cars in every paddock from each decade. Amazing.

In my camp site

Ally and Yellow Duratec R with Pennine 7's stickers

Metallic Red R*** something- by the big Gold/Brown motor home

C7 XPR Roadsport SV Yellow

BRG with DVA stickers

A blue Rocket (beautiful detailing) and a gold Grinnall

Beautiful Red P4 Ferrari replica

Oh and several genuine Bentley 1927 4.5L Supercharged Le Mans car driven by 4 great lads.

All on Maison Blanche, what a weekend, can't wait till 2010.

Nice cars.

Regards

Rich

C7 XPR was me! I came down on the Friday with my daughter so avoided most of the rain. Personally I thought the whole thing was excellent much more enjoyable from my point of view than the "normal"LM.

Do you know anything about the tent and the Cobra incident?

Bert

Bertfatal

Was also on Maison Blanche (though in the Ferrari not the Seven) and also spotted a few Sevens that side of the track including the ones you mention plus a blue one S88 ??? (was that you Tricky Dicky?). I also spotted all the ReHaB guys' cars in Karting Nord, though no sign of their drivers when I was over on that side of the track (drying out from the rather wet drive down I understand! *wink*)

That brown motorhome must be the biggest one I've ever seen, outside of a Formula 1 paddock that is!

Loved just wandering around the camp sites looking at all the cars, that's something you get far more of at the Classic than at the "modern" Le Mans. Not sure what the "incident with the Cobra and the tent" was all about though, hope it wasn't too shocking!! 😳

The cobra and the tent. This is all 2/3 hand but you may have seen the ambulance at Maison Blanche by where all the cobras were camping. APPARENTLY a bloke got reverse instead of first gear and reversed over his own tent with his son still in it! Don't know how bad he was injured.

Bert

Bertfatal

We were on the pitch next to you Bert- grumpy pair in a 1 series BMW. My Seven was dropped off on route at James Whiting for some TLC.

The Cobra crowd(cars) were the only negative bit of Maison Blanche for me. One step from Saxo/Nova boys!

Regards,

Rich