Caterham Service History, New MOT (May)

9100 miles

Car is in great condition

New House forces sale

Yorkshire

£17,500

tel 07899 060337 (richard)

Richard,

Not sure if your car is what I am looking for - I am not up with modern seven specs ( last rode in one in 1966 ).

I am seriously looking at the moment and I am in Lancs.

Can you e-mail me some pics and a more detailed spec eg g/box, wings etc. See my wanted posting of a few days ago.

Cheers,

Dave.

confirmed - windscreen, wipers and heater present and correct last time I looked - yesterday evening :-)

4 point harnesses too which were not mentioned in the orig. advert.

Please feel free to call for a chat, and if you let me have an email address I'll mail a picture

cheers

rich

Richard,

Sounds like this may not be just as radical

as I first thought,ie my tendons may have a chance

of staying attached.

Need to do some homework re spec.

I thought maybe a car this late may have a six speed box.

Would appreciate a couple of pics emailed to

drwell@aol.com.

I'll have a look and if things look promising I'll

give you a call.

I'm near Bury Lancs.

Whereabouts in W Yorks are you.

Many Thanks,

Dave.

Dave, if you're looking for a Superlight, I'd advise you to bone up on the spec first. As James says, all genuine Superlights ocme with 6 speed box as standard plus carbon wings all round, lsd, carbon dash, wide track suspension, bigger front brakes (I believe)....I'm sure that Richard's car has all these bits fitted - if he gives you the chassis number you can check with Caterham. So if it's genuine, what's your excuse for not buying?.......biggrin.gif

Dave - I see you're in Lancs. I'm the Lancashire area organiser and have a superlight so email me if you want to have a look over mine so you can see what's standard/normal

tim.sture@tenongroup.com

Now in my garage - Superlight number 126 cool.gif

Richard is a mate of mine, and I know his car well. He's currently struggling with web access, so he's asked me to just clarify the spec.

His car is a Superlight, with a plaque on the dash (car 60 something IIRC), so has is a 1.6ss with 6spd box, widetrack, big front brakes, LSD, quick release Momo, adjustable spring seats, adjustable rear ARB, 18mm front arb, CF wings and nose cone, no spare wheel carrier or carpets. Bizarrely (IMHO) the original owner swapped the carbon dash for a leather item, but this actually looks pretty good.

Added as optional extras are: paint, windscreen, sidescreens, hood, heater, leather seats, FIA roll bar, 4 point harness, 4-1 exhaust, anti-cav tank.

Hope this clarifies things, but best to call Rich directly for any further details.

Cheers,

Jon

Firstly thanks to Jon for comprehensive details during my web probs.

Private build.

I live in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire.

When I purchased the car from Caterham last year, I was advised that the previous owners had not been on the track. Difficult to confirm this either way, but I was satisfied. Since then I have done just 4 track days (Cadwell, Oulton, Castle Combe and Donnington) all without incident. The car gets all its major fastenings tightened prior to each track day, and the fluids get changed frequently.

Hope that helps.

rich