Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BDR

Anthony

no but i know a man who has quite a few of them 20 - 30 dont know about prices but if you contact me off line i will give you some more details , i will contact him for you

Steve Davies

Edited by - BevD on 6 Jun 2002 19:32:41

I had heard a rumour that someone was going round buying up BD bits. Apparently it's a popular engine for rallying down in South America, and so this this guy was looking to export a load of spares down there to sell. I hoped it wasn't true, but this lends more weight to the story. Anybody got more information?

I'm concerned having just bought a Caterham BDR myself, and I'd hate to think that should I need spares, I could be held to ransom by some individual controling the vast majority of them!

Adrian - There are still, and have been for some time now, people who have stocked up on BD bits as a potential investment. That said you can now buy virtually any BD bit from Dave Aby at KAM Developments - His prices aren't ridiculous either.

Cornering the market in BD bits. A bit like the Bunker-Hunts cornering the silver market 20 years ago. Squeeze the market, the price goes up and then all of a sudden new production comes on stream encouraged by the new higher prices in the market. The Bunker-Hunts got taken to the cleaners.