Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

TONNEAU cover

Fred

if i order a tonneau cover from caterham will it have the head rest section for the composit race seats bult in and do you have to run half doors with this set up

are they any good

fredid=blue> eek.gif

i believe thew tonneau comes with no cut outs for the tillet seats. It also needs the doors removed to fit properly.

However, you can easily get it modified to fit over the tillets and removing the dors to fit it is *MUCH* easier than fitting the hood!

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

The R500 Tonneau has the head rest section built in. It doesn't need half doors - it goes all the way down the side of the car. The caterham product code is TC39 and it cost me 76.60 ex vat. It works fine except for the fact that the passenger side has a cut out for the FIA bar petty strut which leaks like buggery, even though it has a flap over it. The water then sits in the depression in the comp seat, so the passenger gets a wet bum!

Edited by - mekon on 4 Jun 2002 10:29:13

Yes you can drive with just the passenger part fitted. If you use the standard sidescreens you have to leave the bottom part of the tonneau unfastened and feed the sidecreen fasteners underneath. Only problem with this is that the tonneau baloons at speed - after a 90 - 100mph blast up the M40 from London I found that the passenger side tonneau had scratched the bottom 2 inches or so of the sidescreen window. That hacked me off severely as it's a brand new car. BTW the 76 was ex vat, so that's about 90 quid all in.

• Leadership Team

Fred, are you planning to run with full doors or half doors?

With the standard full door you can fit an extra popper to the tonneau where the front lower edge of the hood is normally fastened. If you make this a double sided popper, ie. female to meet the body, but male top section as opposed to the black "finishing" piece normally used, you can add a popper to the rearmost corner of the door to hold the door shut, with the tonneau properly fitted.

The same must be possible for the fitment of the half doors to a properly fitted tonneau using a series of "double" poppers on the tonneau in the same manner.

With regard to the petty strut hole, if you have the time, add more velcro to the unattached two sides of the flap. This will stop all but the worst of the weather. It is also worthwhile adding velcro to the join of the tonneau halves - this will possibly leak also.

Stu.

Tony i am down there on the 23rd droping of a car before i go to watch peter beat fat arnie at curbrough what i ment is ill get a tonneau then this way i might get a look at the factory

fredid=blue> eek.gif