Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Zetec instalation

Molecular--Bob

My car is a 96 former X-Flow. converted by Raceline. If it matters, the hand brake is in the passenger footwell.

I had to take the engine out last summer and managed to remove it with the gearbox intact. I had to have the engine/gearbox at quite a steep angle.

A word of warning though. I strongly recommend that you remove the prop shaft before you remove the engine/gearbox and put an old aerosol cap over the end of the main drive from the gearbox, taped into place, otherwise the gearbox oil will deposit itself all over the transmission tunnel. It then seeps into the footwells etc.

It's a tight fit but is not difficult.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

As Steve say's as long as your chassis has the "cruciform" front end, you can do it either way.

There are two schools of thought on this, IMHO it is much easier to do it with the engine and gearbox intact, took mine out and put it back in on my own last week. easy peasy *smokin*

As Doug says, get the front of the engine as high as you can and at a steep angle, I use a LOAD LEVELLER.

Guy S B Lowe o *arrowup*o *smokin*

ZETEC Conversion here