Click here if you are having website access problems ×

URGENT Spanish registered 7

Dave B

Due to regulations which prohibit exporting my 7 to Spain, I would like to hear from anyone who may consider selling a spanish reg 7. ( if there is such a beast) Age, model, engine imaterial as long as it is registered in Spain. WHY?

Dave B

Surely if it's previously been registered in another EU country (UK?) then they are obliged to allow you to import/register it? Thereagain I know France will only allow certain models/age of 7.

Some much for freedom of movement etc within the EU.

Steve.

Sussex (West) AR

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

You are quite right Stave but my 7 is 1989 and Spain changed the rules this year so it all goes by C.O.C european certificate of conformity and even CC say mine does not comply. All said and done the Spanish have cocked a snoot at EU anyway and do as they please. Hot of the press, there is an announcement on CC web site saying they have a new agent in Barcelona to sell sigma engined cars. My next port of call is to give them a bell tomorrow and get the definitive asnswer.

Still looking for a LHD Spanish 7 though. Maybe I should appeal to the EU Court of Human Rights.

Cheers

Dave B

Dave,Spain pleases its bloody self on issues like this and as per usual there is no conformity. By our place I've seen a a Cobra replica, Marlin roadster and a Tiger 6 on spanish plates..all right hand drive and fully matriculated *confused*................Yet I struggled to get a sodding Jeep Wrangler registered so had to plump for a Vitara which the gestor said would meet all constraints. Have you seen those horrible little 2 seater plastic noddy cars they allow there too?.........they'd struggle to get them things legal on our roads 🙆🏻

There was a lad who used to post on here in the old days who moved to Marbella and struggled to get his 7 registered. He opted to buy a new one from CC but from memory only one was possible to get legalised in Spain.

All the best though with your plans, hope you get it sorted soon and I'll be envious of you blatting those empty roads.

Kenny

Ex HPC, Ex SLR400 and now proud owner of noisy, vulgar,spitting, popping and banging ex race x/flow bought in a moment of madness after a 5 year sabatical.

Edited by - kenny. on 26 Jun 2008 17:41:30

Edited by - kenny. on 26 Jun 2008 17:43:13

Problem is that the car is not EU type approved.

Being Danish I unfortunately have to know quite a lot about the regs...

Here every car needs a data certificate which for a 1989 car must confirm that it complies with

EC Directive 75/524/EEC, ECE Regulation 13-03 or American Standard FMVSS 105 or 135 relating to brake fading, brake force distribution and ABS re the brakes.

EC Directive 76/115/EEC or ECE Regulation 14 or American Standard FMVSS 210 re seat belt anchorages.

EC Directive 78/932/EEC or 96/37/EC or ECE Regulation 17-03 or 25-01 or Am. Std. FMVSS 202 re head restraints.

EC Directive 74/61/EEC or ECE Regulation 18 or American Standard FMVSS 114 re anti theft protection.

and that the car has asbestos free brake- and clutch linings.

The data certificate can be issued by the factory, by a local agent or by an accredited testing laboratory.

If I were you I'd ask if a similar procedure could be used in Spain. Your local agent ought to know.

/regin

FTH

Probably not as although Gib is classed as UK they cannot carry out MOT tests, so the car would be illegal in Spain unless it has ITV ( Spanish MOT )

I have since found out that ( probably ) according to CC, no UK car will be registerable in Spain as 7's made for Spain are made to comply with Spanish rules. Que cera, que cera. Spanish dealer has 1800vvc in stock but with a minster engine it will cost €40,000. Way above my budget. I have a few irons in various fires so still havent given up completely.

Dave B

France is the same and you can only import a 7 into France if it is 10 years old or older.

I have a number of clients who have holiday homes in Spain, Portugal and France and many of them have cars such as 7's, Westfields, Cobra's, Noble's, etc, etc and all are kept and used there permanently but remain UK registered (wrongly or rightly) !