Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Racemettle - Starter Motors - Fabulous service

Doug

I've been dealing with Steve Turner at Racemettle Ltd for the past three years, in an attempt to rectify a very noisy starter. Much of the initial diagnosis was done over the phone but when things became less clear, I sent it too them. It was retured quickly and when it required further modification, Racemettle paid for it to be collected and they did a top quality job - including welding up the old locating holes in the ali plate and redrilling them! Nothing was too much trouble.

If you have any starter related problem or need a bespoke motor, give Steve a ring.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Yes... It has a Raceline sump too. Steve knew all about the Raceline sump (they'd bothered to get hold of one) and the motor fits perfectly.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Yes... It has a Raceline sump too. Steve knew all about the Raceline sump (they'd bothered to get hold of one) and the motor fits perfectly

I think they got hold of one (a Raceline sump) as it was cheaper than keep sending me out starters to try to fit on my car. I tried 9 of them before they got one that fitted!

Have to admit, I did get changing starter motors down to a fine art! 😬

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

I seem to remember Steve saying that he'd had 'lengthy dealings' with another Raceline Zetec Caterham!

It's all part of the development process with alternative engines (as the Zetec was in 2000). I was just impressed with their perserverance and old fashioned service. Nothing was too much trouble and they got there in the end. On top of which, the cost was very reasonable.

Doug

Is your starter a POWERLITE like THIS ONE?

If so can you tell me why the locating holes required welding up and redrilling? I have POWERLITE (the same that Racemettle supply) fitted to my Zetec with a Raceline sump and I am having problems with getting it to engage correctly 😔

Thanks

Guy S B Lowe o *arrowup*o *smokin*

ZETEC Conversion here