Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Live axle differetial

colin burville1

Live axle - diff noise - Due to many reasons, to numerous to mention, I have now determined what was causing the revolving, metallic noise on deceleration. *smile*. That's the good news!

Unfortunately, having removed the differential, the bad news ☹️ is that a large tooth has become detached from the Pinion, and was floating around in the axle casing.

A plea for help! Does anyone know of a source for repalcement parts or even someone with a Ital differential 1.7 - sitting in the corner of the garage ( a bit hopeful)

Any suggestions on how I might resolve this one very gratefully received. I am told by "SP" who I understand supplied the recon axles at the time, that all parts are available except the Crown wheel and Pinion.

Yours Hopefully

Colin

CB

• Area Representative

I seem to recall someone getting some assistance from the Morris Marina/Ital owners club - worth a google search.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

*smile* *smile*

Good news today. Many thanks for all your help.

Neal, I have been incontact with both Canley and Jigsaw, both of whom can rebuild my damaged diff. All with new parts, and within about ten days of receipt. Costs about £400.00 but still alot cheaper than trying to fit a new ford unit.

Will be boxing up soon to send off. Both companies sound very good, but if anyone has a recommendation please let me know

Thanks again

Colin

😬

CB - X/flow

Spoke to Road Race, and have now determined that th e ratio is 3.63. On my car this is coupled with the 5 speed box ( an upgrade when built)

With the cross flow car does this still seem the best ratio, or would it be improved with a 3.9 or 4.1

Any thoughts?

CB

Colin, if you do most track days go for the 4.11 like the Graduate racer, if you do most touring go for the 3.63 the top speed is determent by the lack of bhp rater than the diff.

Without a screen i have a top speed of about 110mph @ 5100prm