Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

0/T Fitting Tow Bar to 2006 Nissan Micra

Brucey

Has anyone done this?

No Haynes Manual available yet and I'm stuck at the first test!

The instructions show the rear lights and valance removed. I have undone the 2 screws on each of the rear light clusters and they wiggle about but won't come out!

I've also taken as many screws out of the rear valance (well 2 actually) but still can't see how that's removed. I'm assuming I have to undo something when the rear lights are removed.

Any advice appreciated as my Caterham is getting very wet stuck outside the garage!

Bruce.

Towbar on a Micra !!!! 😳

Do you have the operating handbook for the car ref the rear bulbs ? If not, let me know, and I'll look in our book.

I asked Haynes about a manual for the Nissan Micra (current shape) - they have promised it for this August *thumbup*

On the other hand - no plans to issue a manual for the Mazda 6 *thumbdown* ... fortunately I found the full Mazda service manual (as used by the dealerships) available for free as a pdf on-line.

7 related photos

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 20 Jun 2008 23:23:34

Thanks for your advice chaps *thumbup*

SM25T,

I need the tow bar to take my box trailer to the tip and tow my and my Son's Gas Gas trials bikes around. He has my old Peugeot 205 with a tow bar fitted, but I can't stand his driving any more! I can't remember the bit in the highway code that says you drive with one hand on your bo**ocks and your other arm on the window ledge while the rear window vibrates in sync with the sub woofer!

After restling with it for another 2 hours I realised you just have to keep pulling and levering bits hoping that none of the numerous plastic clips break. Cars don't seem to have bumpers these days, just expensive bits of plastic with lumps of polestryne behnd them. I must be getting old, though saying that, the Caterham isn't exactly over endowed in the bumper department!

Tow bar is fitted but I've got to take it off again to fit the piece of polystyrene I found laying on the garage floor that goes behind the bumper *redface*. Then I've just got to sort the multitude of electrical connectors and miles of Nissan tow bar wiring harness. Maybe I should have just payed the garage the £170 they wanted to fit it, but where's the fun in that!

Bruce.