Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Oil change with appollo

finmac

Get oil warm

Jack car up front and back and put on axle stands.

Remove plug in apollo and sump plug. allow to drain

Remove oil filter

Fit new filter

Re install plugs in sump & apollo.

Fill with approx 7 litres to start with, adding a little at a time to ensure correct level (engine hot and running to check level.)

• Area Representative

Yes - check oil on dipstick - up to top of criss crosses - no more - do not overfill!! As Mav says make sure oil is hot and engine running when you check it.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

here is a very old article I posted - with a choice of 'big' or std. oil changes.

With pictures!

To be honest, an oil-change was the first thing I was shown how to do. I progressed straight from that to changing the prop-shaft (available elsewhere on that site...) and eventually stripped and rebuilt my bent 7....

Oil-changes - a slippery-slope... 😬

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Finmac,

As I only do about 1200 miles a year I tend not to bother taking the plug out of the apollo for two reasons:-

1) When you take the oil filter off, the bulk of the oil will drain from the apollo down to the lower fitting.

2) There is always some oil left in the engine especially if you've not modified the sump gasket as per oily's recommendation. So even if you did drain the apollo there is always some old oil left in the engine.

That said I did take the apollo plug out this year just in case there was any debris in there - it was easy as I took the apollo out whilst changing the cam belt.

Regards

Ian