Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2.0 16 v engine

hypoid 90

I ALWAYS reuse the head bolts 6 x. Same for main caps. Rod bolts every 3 x

Talk to Swindon and they will tell you the same, and they never had a bolt burst on any of the XE Touring Car engines thay prepared, its just the manufacturers boosting consumuble sales.

The singularly most important bolt to change on a VX is the crank pulley bolt - every time! Followed closely by the flywheel bolts (also every time!)

Cam belt - Annually!

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

and idler bolts,but why change pulley bolts etc surley thats just boosting sales ,change head bolts and stretch bolts every time arnie then you will sleep at night just like me mmmmmmmmm worry free racing

Steve Davies

Edited by - BevD on 3 Jun 2002 12:29:09

i dont doubt that but i think spending lets say an extra £50 on top of your engine rebuild cost for bolts , could save you depending on the spec of your engine from £1000 upto £10,000 i know what i would do, peace of mind and all that , it probably wouldn't bother swindon if an engine let go but to a club racer it could be the end of his- her season ,

Steve Davies

Edited by - BevD on 3 Jun 2002 17:09:05

cant see where i said anything about carbs etc it has throttle/boddies with mbe dont be silly are you a comedian if it had induction it would be twice the price ,

Steve Davies

Edited by - BevD on 4 Jun 2002 08:43:23