Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

How far?

andy_h

Thanks Steve, everyone love a smart 🙆🏻

No really, I have thought to do that but don't have time to do the 100 mile blat (or even 50) between now and CLasic Le Mans. Just wanted to gauge peoples exp. with similar engines.

Thanks Alan, that's helpful.

Cherers,

Andy

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

16-18 mpg 'normal' driving, but if you're doing motorways at a steady 70 then I'm sure you'll get 25 or more...all of this of course changes a bit with wheel sizes (assuming usual final drive)and for those not on carbs and, as I'm sure you know, a lot on track where 8-10 is more common.

Andy, are you thinking "how the hell am I going to get back from the LMC on the Monday", Bastile day and limited petrol stations opened *eek*, cause that's what I'm thinking - xflow, twin 40's. I believe that the main route petrol stations will be open *biggrin*

john g,

Sort of. I don't have a fuel gauge and to date have based my mileage limit between fills at 100.

It's only in the last week I've established my fuel tank size from empty (33 litres).

My guess would be 20mpg road blatting giving me a range of 146miles for a 33 litre tank. Take off a bit for fudge factor and my safe range is 120miles.

Sound reasonable to me.

Take note you guys in the Rehab group going I'm going to the classic Le Mans with... If I signal for fuel... I mean now....not in 20 mile or so.

For all those K owners gloating about 40mpg.... get yourself a real engine 😬.

oh.. and if you're worried about fuel costs for your 7... you shouldn't have one 😬 *cool*

I already have a passenger for Le Mans and his name is Laurie not Jerry *smile*

SM25T,

A jerry can holds about 20 litres which is about 3.7 gallons, which gives a range of about 74 miles @ 20mpg.

pay at pump stations don't take UK cards

My Egg Visa worked fine last weekend at the 2 stations I used.

Edited to say when my 2Ltr zetec was on 45 webers I got 19mpg average going to lemans, got 25mpg on with the same engine on TB's this year (and that's with a fuel leak *eek*)

Class 4 Zetec *cool*.....waiting for Harewood *cry*

Edited by - Martin S. on 19 Jun 2008 10:56:06

Andy

I suggest you fill up before the racings starts. Two years ago we left Le Mans very early Monday morning and my tank was only 3/4 full. We went a very long way before we found a petrol station that was open, having tried every card we had in several automatic pumps! I dont think I have ever managed to get a much fuel into my tank as I did that day!

Alan