Click here if you are having website access problems ×

James Whiting type aluminum X-flow Sump pan

Richard Gibson

I have One of these on my Crossflow motor. Not being 100% knowledgable about them I will describe it.

On my motor when it is out of the car the sump pan (made of aluminum) is so square that the motor stands solidly on the ground due to the absolute squareness of it. It looks like it gave my car more clearance on the road by 2-3 inches.

I have a friend with a Marcos with a crossflow who needs one for his car very badly.

So,I am looking for a used 'james whiting type' oil pan in usable shape hopefully with the oil pick-up from the motor (I assume it is different)

You can email me at: Barcorebar@aol.com

Richard Gibson

These are actually made by Titan and are available new from various outlets. If you can't find a used one, try Vulcan or Burtons. Don't know how the prices compare with James Whiting.

Chris.

They are actually made by Jenvey (as in throttle bodies) and not Titan. Westf1eld used to sell them as standard issue too and may still have stock. There was a thread on here about a year ago where a group bought a batch of 20 or so from Jenvey directly.

John