Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Red with Clams in Somerton

Archie Procter

Hello

I am pretty sure that was us, we just picked up a red 1700 supersprint just the other side of taunton and drove it home sunday cross country (via somerton)...

so my 1st post here! so hello all!

james

hi

well it did have a bit of a cough and splutter on the marlow bypass, lost power and mis-fired a bit...and was then ok.

not sure why was pretty low on fuel, < 1/8th tank, and has not really been driven much for the last 2 years, so hopefully nothing a good service wont sort.

which is where its going, down to the caterham factory to be serviced and onced-over.

which sadly means i wont have it for the next penn 7's meet (gonna leave it there saturday-saturday), but will be along to the next one! and looking forward to coming along on one of the many blats!!

cheers - james

i thought this a relevant update to this, in that sadly i was also spotted by the boys in blue exceeding the laws of the land (so they say anyhow)

i dont recall seeing it but then he was probably in camoflage in the bushes or something!

and on my 1st ever trip in it!

sods law eh!

☹️

hi

funny, but this is my 2nd time caught by the police, and this was down in taunton, literally 5 minutes after leaving the hotel. first few miles of driving the 7!

the 1st time i was caught, almost 2 years to the day, was again on the 1st day i picked up a new car (was a boxster s), and that was on the marlow bypass!

it is a bit like history repeating itself.

is the road angel effective then? i think i might have to invest in one.

james