Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I am a wossy pants

So I have my car back *thumbup* 😬

I used to give it real sh!t, used the shift light all the time 😬 😬 😬 (it was my first car with shift lights and thought they were great - hit the red, give it some more and change, on track I think I didn't even see the red light untill a couple of seconds later) now after being given an invoice two pages of A4 long 6000RPM and I change up 😔.

It's seriously getting in the way of enjoying it, I just can't bring myself to nail it at the moment 😔 *cry*

I think I have a problem Euston *confused*

Dicks

Richard, in all seriousness, I can sell you a set of ACES Sureshift shiftlights that can be configured to whatever shift-point you wish.

...and you can have three (I think - might be five but that sounds too many) profiles. One for road, one for wet track, one for dry race etc.

I tend to run my shiftlights over a wide range - first light comes on just as the torque-curve picks up at 4.5k rpm and the mad-flashing finally kicks in at around 7k - allowing me a brief period of time to change before I hit the 7.5k limit.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

And taken with the degree of appropiateness, Myles please BM me off line with details for the future. I currently only have a single 'red light' instead of a series of lights like the Aces, since getting the car back I am spending time looking at the tacho instead of planning/looking where I am going and changing on the light. I need peripheral vision sequence of lights I think to run the engine up without, a. fecking all the pistons, b. fecking the crank, c. fecking all the oil/cooling system, d. fecking the internal induction system. - I am still a little sore about it -- I do know it's my fault tho, I was having fun.

I still haven't gone past 6500 RPM 'cos I just can't stomach having what happened happen again (maybe it's Fletch's revenge for me sticking two fingers up at him as I went past *tongue* 😬)

I shouldn't complain it's the first real hurtfull self indulgence across many sportscars.

Dicks

Should point out that shiftlights are rather important to aeroscreners...

...unless you're not taking sufficient aural protection... 😔

IMHO, if you can change by ear, you've not got enough protecion. Or your protection is too crude. Or something...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 13 Jun 2008 21:36:03

*thumbup* Thank-you for BM, will digest, as to the 'hearing' thing, I am stone deaf in one ear, hearing to me is different to other people, nuances of noise change just doesn't happen (both pitch, tone, decibel and direction) so I have to say just don't bother with hearing protection full stop, it's loud and so what ? (do keep saying must learn sign/lip reading for when I'm older but )

Dicks