Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

7 or 8 inch minilites

paul abrahams

I am currently running on 14 x 6 inch minilites, and want to put some 14 x 7 or 14 x 8 wheels / tyres on the rear.

Can anyone tell me where I can get minilite style wheels in 14 inch

Plenty of places for 13 x 8 inch wheels but I want to stick to 14 *thumbup*

Also what will be the best tyre profile to put on bearing in mind I don't want to lose any height off the car, currently on 185 x 60 x 14 Toyo R888's

TIA

George Polley do Minilites but they dont seem to be on their new (srap) website. Give them a ring.

What you need to decide first is which tyres you want to fit and then get the right size wheels. If you go to 205 or 225 you'll have bigger diameter wheels unless you go to 55 and 50 profiles respectively, so make sure what tyre sizes you can get. A small increase in tyre diameter isnt a problem, apart from what size spare you carry (if any) mixing tyre sizes on the rear axle is a BAD thing *nono* Toyo R888s come in both 205/55 and 225/50 but make sure you get the right wheel offset so the wheels and tyres dont foul the chassis on the inside and the wheel arch on the outside. Depending where you live either Camskill or Bracknell Tyre are the cheapest.

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

DVA 1.8K R370

SSSSHHHH, not too loud 😬 You'll wake up the rabbit *evil* *tongue*

I had a good chat with Russell at Minilite, top man *thumbup*

It seems that no one actually makes minilite style 14 inch wheels in 7 or 8 inch width.

The only option I may have is to go for 3 piece split rims, which are mega money *eek*

Mike Barmby's I suppose could be an option as I don't want the modern Caterham 8 spoke wheels.

Any other thoughts for alternatives *confused*

Paul,

I was on 14x6 all round untill I destroyed two wheels. I now run 14x6 with 185/60/14 on the front and 13x7 with 205/60/13 on the rear all shod with R888's. The diameters are the same, the rears fill the arches and the ride quality and handling are spot on. Certainly worth considering. *thumbup*

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS