Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Portknockie

What a cool place name - just had an order from this place - never heard of it up in Scotty land, but how good in Sean Conery type of voice to say 'Yus, I'm from a Port where you can knockie the fillingsout of a filly, it's called Portknockie'.

Apparantely in it is Moray - I don't now Snots is it in the highlands or just a lowland excuse of a place in Scottyland?

(MYLES - answer please)

Moray(shire) is proper Highlands all right 😬 *thumbup*. Portknockie is on the rugged (ackshually it's rocked... unless someone mistook the sheep for rugs... *confused*) north-facing coast between Findhorn and Macduff.

Scottingland's Celtic heritage has given it lots of cool placenames *cool*

Ackshually the name Caterham is partly Celtic in origin ("Cater" from the ancient British word for seat or chair, a common hill name + ham from Old English for home(stead) or village) *smokin*

*arrowdown*

*wink* nothing...

*arrowup*

Edited by - MisterToad on 10 Jun 2008 12:42:54

Shorely:

"Cat" after a creature that is awkward and unco-operative, and frequently hurts your fingers

"Er" from the Gaelic for "I don't know what's wrong with it, it worked before"

"Ham" is related to the Old English for Homestead, but the derivation refers to those people no longer able to afford to leave the home.

-----Warning - no Caterham content here

No Eco town here please

Six Mile Bottom

Shouldn't that have been put in with the Jade Goody "would you like a some liver with those onions" thread 🤔

Is that the 'six mile bottom' where Morgan max their motors or as normal am I barking up the wrong tree (would be nice to see/hear the old Plus 8's and new Aero's flat out)

Dicks