Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA Entries

Grahame W

I've given up the rollercoaster emotional ride of BBC weather forecasting.

Don't look at it - they are just teasing you with random weather icons.

The seaweed I've got dangling by the shed says its gonna be a scorcher,

and anyone with soft Kumhos will wear them out on the practice runs.

AB

Hi there

Just to clear up a few items about MIRA:

- Yes there are no convoy runs - there wern't last year either!!! You will need to walk the course. Realistically the only bit you possibly need to walk is from where the speed trap is on the straight theough the right/left hander.

- Someone mentioned practise starts at 10am. Well my copy of the Final instructions says 9.30am

- The seemingly overdone comments on no camera etc are because Saturday is a working day at MIRA. When I was there a couple of weeks ago there were several interesting vehicles going around the hi speed circuits.

- You will find there is now a red traffic light as well as a flag at the marshals post by the Control tower which is deliberately positioned to be in the drivers line of sight. There will probably be something about this when you sign on.

- For those of you who have not been to MIRA before do try to be there at 8am. All the cars are held by the main gate and allowed through as a convoy. Similarly there will be controls on exit from MIRA from the paddock area

- If Alan Richards is doing the catering his bacon and brie baguettes are superb!!!

Best Regards,

Brian

(CofC)