Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Price reducedRover 214 Si bubble shape for sale

Kevsta

Updated with Pictures now see below

Photos

Lower price!

My Fiancee's car is up for sale as I have bought her a new mini. The car is a 1.4 multi point injection K series engine. My mum was the first owner from new (well my dad was as he bought it as a present so when they divorced it had a new owner on the log book). She owned it upto 54,000 miles when we bought it. Up until then it was full service history. Now it has done 103,000 miles and is still going very strong. NEVER had HG failure (though I rebuilt the engine when it was out last year and replaced everything....new clutch, second hand gearbox (7,000 miles old from a 1.4 ZR) new bearings (big end etc). I measured the liner heights and they are 6 thou above the block (need to be 4 thou minimum so is very good. Always warmed nicely and driven gently. Had a new radiator at about 80k, new battery about 2 years ago, erm....trying to think what else....oh yes, new discs and pads on the front when engine done (July last year). I will service it this weekend with oil, oil filter and air filter (belts, plugs leads all new last year anyway). This has been an incredibly reliable car, only failed once due to a crack in the new rotor arm I fitted when I did the engine (replaced - Lucas unit).

The bad bits:

Rust on bottom of passenger door - hardly noticeable

Leaking boot - TADTS! I have made it better but with heavy rain I just clean it out

Some oik took the rover badge from the front grill so if I have time I will sort

small dent in middle of bonnet

scratch on driver's side - has been painted in (vandalism key scratch)

That's it! Never had any accidents (door skin replaced on passenger side as it was knocked when nearly new - rover repaired it) and running very well but time for a new car for us.

Oh, it has four Vi alloy wheels that I bought on ebay with tyres (knew I was selling so didn't want to pay out for four new tyres). I have the original alloys but they are smaller so buyer can pick.

All yours for £650

MOT til Sept, Tax til Feb (I think - will check tonight)

Very cheap to run, TAX and insure

Edited by - kevsta on 10 Jun 2008 10:13:23

Edited by - kevsta on 16 Jun 2008 19:52:45

Edited by - kevsta on 17 Jun 2008 16:09:02