Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Sump Baffle

F355GTS

Time for an oil change and as advised I'm changing the sump baffle too. The sump is off and the baffle appears to be under (looking from underside!) a metal plate which is held on with two 10mm nuts. (the gasket wont come out either as it is wedged under the plate) The Oil pickup is clamped to this plate with two 8mm nuts.

Do I have to take the oil pickup off first or if I undo all the nuts can I slide the plate, baffle and gasket out without disturbing the pickup?

Mark

Take the pickup off. Once you have removed the bolts it slides out from its location in the corner. Refitting is the opposite of removal, but you will have to push the bolts through the foam to make some holes. Be very careful not to cross-thread the bolts.

Make sure you don't overtighten the 10mm nuts when you reassemble, because this can damage the windage plate and bad sh1t happens if it breaks free and flaps around. You need to cut out a corner of the foam baffle to let the dipstick through. You have to judge the side to side position of the foam quite accurately to cope with where it turns up around the corner of the windage plate.

Peterid=blue>

eek.gifSecond loser, Class 5, Curborough May 2002id=red>