Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Toyo proxes

Molecular--Bob

I've used proxes on a couple of road cars, and AFAIK the T1R is just the replaced T1S, ie different tread pattern and no doubt different grip to some degree, but I'd expect them to be much of a muchness. I didn't notice any difference going from one to the other as a full set.

You'll have different grip levels front to rear anyway depending on dynamic weight distribution, wear etc. As long as you don't mix types on the same axle I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.

Martin

supersported ex-Roadsports B

fwiw I would bin the spare T1-S, unless I could get hold of another, mixing compounds/tread patterns on the same axle is not best practice.

How much are the proxes? As the tyre is the only part of the vehicle in contact with the road, I personally prefer not to compromise in this respect *tongue*

Go on dig deep and get 4 new sticky boots 😬

Edited to say, can you identify the cause of the slow puncture? Can it be repaired, if it is in the tread, you local tyre fitter should be able to plug it. If its in the sidewall, then you will need to replace it. It could just be the valve .....

Edited by - wavydavy on 30 May 2008 17:59:08

I've got 195-50-15 T1-R s on my 7 and had T1-S on my previous 964. Both good tyres with nice feel aproaching the dry limits.

Had a nail near the side wall puncture on the 7 that could not be repaired last month. I got a new T1-R from Camskill (www.camskill.co.uk) for £34 delivered! Arrived by courier next day. Excellent service & cheap. Go for a pair of T1-R's and you'll get free delivery if memory serves.

Ian