Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Because sometimes there are 911 fans on Blatchat - 1990 RS Rep

Anthony

Before a change in circumstances in April, I had embarked on a long held dream of a 911 RS rep.

Last year the plan started in earnest with a 1990 RHD 964 in soft metalic black and 17" cups, non-a/c spec car, with sun-roof and factory LSD and the following work undertaken;

1. Front and rear re-spray

2. Heigo half cage

3. 965 (Turbo) big reds and discs, along with 993 servo, new pipes and 964 RS rear calipers, pads etc.

4. New Southbound (highest quality) RS carpet set

5. New tear-drop mirrors

6. C2 LWT number plate

7. leather covered RS door cards etc

8. Refurbished gearbox ( sensible to have it checked over whilst out )

9. RS brake ducts

10. ECU upgrade

11. Induction kit

12. The most beautiful Fabspeed exhaust (including all by-pass pipes)

13. New rear dampers

14. RS lowered springs

15. New spoiler motors

The car is at Autofarm under going further works;

a) 3.8 L upgrade, with blue-printed engine, all fittings replace, RS flywheel/sport clutch and new tinwear (cost >£17k+VAT)

b) Fitting Reverie carbon buckets (inc runners on driver side) and leather covers

c) Window runner replacements (common 964 issue)

d) Hoast of other works, including new rear lamps

Engine will deliver reliable - proper - 300 bhp/flat torque curve, with new barrels, pistions, cams, extensive work on head etc etc (from the chap who managed to spend 27k on a VX engine, no item has been left to chance).

Anyway to cut a long story short, the car may well be up for sale. Autofarm estimate that an RS rep is 30-35k + VAT + really good donor car

Expected to be mid-late 30's at Autofarm, but would settle for 30k.

I appreciate one can by tired original RS for 32k from Gumnd as an example, but there may be 20k of work needed to bring it up to good reliable standard.

If anyone had a great bonus, and is interested let me know. Car should be ready to view in 4-5 weeks.

Anthony

anthony.burgess1@googlemail.com

Dave,

Really good point - I keep forgetting all the bits added to the car - also includes original RS rear bumper !

The front is the same profile from recollection, but does without washers.

There is also a Fabspeed aluminium front strut brace which I forgot about as well...

And....cover craft top-of-the range cover, although it has a air-chamber as its usual home.

The rear windscreen wiper has also been removed.

I have kept the sun-roof as there is no a/c and it can get hot in the summer. I have not taken the steps of changing the front suspension components to match an RS .

An original RS will hold its value, but the good ones are 50-60k and rising. They also do without the usual protection systems.