Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rockingham - 18th October 2008

Jude

BAT 3...

One Red was my fault - following a moment and hitting the rumble strip very hard, the inertia cut-out switch, switched and cut out the fuel (coasted to 100yds short of the pitlane... *rolleyes*

Edited by - mav on 19 Oct 2008 19:46:58

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Geoff and Jonny Bookatrack for a cracking day. Great weather helped as well!

Haven't had the seven out on track for a couple of years now, so I was well ring rusty to begin with. Improved a bit in the afternoon but I still got dusted off by some seriously quick drivers! *cool*

Chapeau-of-the-day to Mr P---PEW - looked like a bone stock road car (complete with spare wheel) but obviously driven by the Stig! 😬

Big thanks to Geoff and the Bookatrack team for a good day *thumbup*

My first time at Rockingham, will certainly come back twas a great track. *cool*

I think the red flags were probably 50-50 bookatrack rentals and us but as OPL there are no opportunities to tidy up at the end of a session, I do prefer OPL though.

Martin

Surrey AR/AO

Thanks to all the organisers - really enjoyed Rockingham - will certainly

go back again. I think the OPL format worked well. There were alot of red

flags, but stranded cars seemed to get sorted out very quickly.

I never had to queue otherwise, and the numbers on track seemed about right

to me.

The concrete around the banked curve might be a bit intimidating in the

wet though... was getting "the fear" in the dry!

AB

I can't apologise enough for the red flags caused by the BaT Cats. There were 7 reds in total, 6 of which were our cars - although only one of those was a driver error. We had the worst weekend ever in terms of reliability unfortunately - 2 engine failures and a gearbox on the same day - unprecedented! To be fair the cars have been ultra reliable for a good 18 months or so now so I think it's just bad luck and a terrible coincidence!

Jonny

BaT

I can neither confirm or deny the identity of 'The Stig', but it was me in P***PEW, green all over standard apart from replacement K series, after low oil pressure/disintegrated sump baffle episode.

Sorry about the spare wheel I always forget to take it off - I was once asked at Rockingham (in the wet), if I left it on to aid traction.