Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R300 SLR - number plate

James Saunders

.....so you've bought a car then, or has your Dad just grabbed the number plate? whichever way, even I (who thinks private plates are generally a waste of cash that could otherwise be spent on flat flooring, throttle bodies or general upgrades ) think that it's a steal at £250....

I was going to get an R300 but changed mind. Thought that lots of people have R500 ??? plate, usually their initials but I thought if R300 SLR was available that can always stick with the car becuase it means something about the car not someone elses initials. I'm happy to keep hold of it because one day I might own an R300. A fellow blatter has already got R400 SLR for his car on order...

SLR is great. Got use to the speed already, although my licence hasn't!!

Off the road now due to breaking the starter motor.....bugger! It will all be fixed ready for a trackday at Croft later in the month. Missed all the nice weather

When you get your car let me know and we will have to meet up on a trackday or race meeting.

Great. Going the SLR route? Get the best you can afford. You will only end up adding bits to take it up to that spec anyway. (Man of experience talking!) Mind you then you start thinking about other things.....Sequential box etc etc....