Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear ARB - solid or tubular ?????

Jason Plato

I have broken a few - one of which punctured my fuel tank !!!!! , thankfully ( and obviously ) for once I didnt have a fag in my gob , at least I havent got any paint that could get damaged in the fire ?? wink.gif .

Trouble is the bars when they snap , they tend to be on the welds at the ends , so you cant actually tell if the bar is solid or full of weld .

So the general opinion from here and the listers is they are solid ...... right I'm gonna do some calculations and I'm going into the ARB business teeth.gif.

I only want a twiddly little one you see ( behave Barabara !! ) .

Dave

i have a bent one (that also punctured my fuel tank) that didn't break at the end as i had it welded up properly before fitting. the welds only go on the outside and not the inside of the join so is a bit pathetic really....

anyway - if anybody wants to voulunteer to come round and attack it with a hack saw....

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

Many thanks for all your replies , I'm going into production next week with a one piece slide adjustable design plus of course drop links , underslung for the fitment of R500 wheels and using similar mounting points as the juno design .

I'll let you know if it works ok .

Dave