Click here if you are having website access problems ×

exhaust system for Zetec

Colin R

Thanks to all for your generous offers of assistance in my conversion to Zetec from XF. To that end, I need to purchase an exhaust system now, one which fits through the existing hole in the side of the body. Any suggestions?

You guys are fantastic and I appreciate all of your help.

I had a biggish bore stainless 4 into 1 system on my X-flow (41mm headers). Bought a stainless exhaust flange from Raceline and paid a welder to make it all fit.

Alternatively headers from Raceline, Dunnell or James Whiting with either your standard silencer or an aftermarket one.

AMMO

What silencer did you have on your X/flow? I went for the JW primary's and collector which fits neatly onto a standard X/flow side exit can. Still cost about £450 though and then I spent far too many hour polishing it.

If you need a new silencer I would be tempted to go for a Techcraft repackable from the 7 Workshop and then again use Jame's pipes, or talk to Raceline to see if their's will fit. They do a complete set, but I think you can only have a 7" can which is huge, but might be sensible if you are going for high power and trackday use.

Phil Waters

Zetec is in and running wink.gif

I used the 26" x 6" 2.25" bore Techcraft silencer used previously with my x-flow and had a local exhaust fabricator (Nottingham) make a set of headers to suit. It came polished and was about £450 all in. Nice and quiet, the Mrs does'nt hear me pull off the main road now.

Paul