Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Avon Slicks

Davey Bee

I have for sale a number of FF Avons. Sizes are 6.0/21-13 and 7.0/22-13 they will fit 6x13 and 7x13 wheels. I will sell them in sets of four with a mix of 6 and 7 if needed. The prices are £100 per set. They have only done about 45laps so there is plenty of life in them. I will be at Cadwell Park on Friday 31 May so they can be collected there, or can send but would charge pp.

Buzzin' Beeid=red> cool.gif cool.gifcool.gif

smile.gif

They'll be finished by then. I seem to be going through a set of slicks every 3 trackdays.

Cadwell this friday, L7CGB Oulton Park, Slipstream Oulton Park, Le Sept (three trackdays), Slipstream Cadwell...... That would be another £900 on slicks this year if I bought new!

Frightening.

Alex

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

www.slipstream-trackdays.co.uk

_________

/ __ __ /

___ _//__T/__/_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ /o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) // /

/___/--_________/--/___/

not strictly relevant to the thread but cansomebody give me a few pointers as to what slicks are like to drive?

AIUI they grip much more (like road tyres to sticky yokos?) but are much less preogressive. ie there is a very definitie optimum slip angle and a violent break away past it.

is this right???

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

Hoopy,

I've found slicks to be very progressive, contrary to my expectations. I've found them to be the most predictable tyres I've tried. Grip is definitely better but they don't feel that different to ACB10's. A bit more confidence on turning in and a bit more confidence on powering out. Nothing like as big as the difference from road tyres to Yoko's.

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

www.slipstream-trackdays.co.uk

_________

/ __ __ /

___ _//__T/__/_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ /o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) // /

/___/--_________/--/___/

• 2 weeks later...