Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kumho 175 front and 235 rear?

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Our car isn't quite as featherweight as yours so I suspect that the Image rims might be a bit marginal for my lardy 🙆🏻. 😳

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Shaun I would suggest either 7.5 or 8 " fronts.

Mark and I both have 7.5.

Mark added 0.5 to both inner and outer as his wings were already fitted.

I just added 1" to the standard MB fron (6.5") on the outer. ie 2.5" outer. Then I made the wing stays.

Don't the just look good. How to pimp your ride!

• Support Team

235s now fitted and don't foul on anything while car is static. They are actually no wider at their widest part than the 205 Toyos on 8" rims as the 205s are stretched across the rim and the 235s are pulled in a bit.

The ARB must have been hitting the tyre when the car is cornering at max effort - stiffening the rear dampers should help reduce that but I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Shaun

You could try the RIF K9 wings. I have fitted these and have plenty of width spare for 215 tyres, just have to get the offsets right, why not try the Compomotive bulk buy as you can choose your offsets to suit without the Rial price *eek*

Martin

Shaun. Rather than stiffen the suspension why not just ask Gill to slow down a bit. You probably won't get a problem then *tongue*

I doubt the Kumho's will flex anywhere near as much as the Toyo's. The sidewall is so stiff.

You'll find to get the same ride consistency that you would need to soften the damper because of this. So why not leave them as they are as they will therefore naturally stiffen the car *wavey*

Now there's no excuse *cry*

Shaun, My Rials are now in there 3rd season and still look great.. they are more expensive but the finish and quality seemed worth it.

Then about a year ago I recieved a letter from westermann motor sport warning that these wheels should NOT be used on a race track after an issue with the rears I think,

The letter stated that the wheel inners should be changed for some new style stronger ones but you had to pay for the conversion *mad*

Im sure they have now rectified this but it would be wise to check with Fluke before going ahead.

When I got mine they were called "Rial race challenge wheels" now they've dropped the "race" *rolleyes*

Jeff

Edited by - Jeff S on 25 May 2008 09:39:39

• Support Team

Gill has promised to slow down 😬.

I'll see how I get on with the 175 fronts but if 215s are needed then I'll either get another pair of 8" Caterham 8 spokes or look at the Rial rims.

Jeff - thanks for your comments.