Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1400k throttle sticks open, wiring? bit of a saga.

manningpaul

• Area Representative

Yesterday decided to do a few little jobs on the car, one of which was to get indicator warning light to work. Scrabbled around under the dash by the tacho and found what I thought was the wiring, all sorts of odd bits replaced so not too worried that it was brown wire with what looked like a bulb soldered onto the end *confused*. Turned ignition on checked alternator light ok, main beam light ok, so must be indicator light that I have got 🤔 however while trying to sort out new connectors noticed that there were some fancy little ceramic things (diodes?) in line and generally botched joins on the wiring run. When I got new indicator repeater and tried attaching to wiring nothing, no current. Eventually got to look under dash (full cage so difficult) and lo and behold find the proper warning light , new one fitted and works fine.

This morning go out and start it, ticks over while I get kitted up, jump in and off we go. Seemed as though throttle sticking a bit, get to corner after long straight and throttle sticks wide open 😳, luckily managed to switch ignition off and just make corner.

Now I guess in my meddling I must have done something to the engine management(brown wires?) as throttle return spring fine and throttle easily moved by hand.

Feeling like a right chump *mad* so any help appreciated.

• Area Representative

Thanks for the info, dismantled throttle pedal and cleaned bush up etc. now works fine!!

Still a little worried about the brown wires and what they might have done, guess I might find out as blatting down to Dorset and West Hants meet tonight 😬