Click here if you are having website access problems ×

llandow and curborugh scores

robmar

......any chance of some indication of who the novices are ? - would be nice for us newbies to know how we have done against other newbies.

Thanks for all the work that goes into the preparation of the results -

PaulB

As a novice, I'm interested in who the other novices are, but also in what spec the other cars are in my class (Class 1) - is there somewhere we could post our own novice status and car spec, to save someone else having to do it for us??

eg for me:

Dave Grewcock Novice 1600vx 8v 100bhp ex grad orange/black cycles Class1 Yoko 539s

Maybe no-one else is interested, but just going through the Curborough results it makes it more interesting knowing what people are running.

Dave

Edited by - DaveGr on 20 May 2008 11:25:22

Dave, as far as I remember, there were 3 ex-grad vx 1600 cars on A539s, yours, Matthew Willoughby (also orange) and me (black No 11). I think the Bostons is also a vx 1600 but I'm not sure if they were on the same tyres.

Hope this helps *thumbup*

Greg

Thanks Greg, yes I think it does help getting to know who's who. I have a poor sense of how much time there is to be gained - a sort of "how are they doing that?" feeling -so knowing who is in similar cars is good.

Cheers

See you next time

Dave

I know what you mean Dave. However I'm not sure how indicative Curborough was of true pace given the changing conditions. I seem to have come out ahead of several people with quicker cars and more experience of that track who I would not realistically expect to beat in the dry.

Doesn't stop me kicking myself about the missed gear on my second timed run though, I was on a flyer, I was you know 😬

Yes, know exactly what you mean. I drove brilliantly 😬 on my last timed run - at least up to the point where I flew off the track backwards on the second corner. *rolleyes*

Edited by - DaveGr on 20 May 2008 14:17:20

Edited by - DaveGr on 20 May 2008 21:12:06

Alan Johnson

1.6 K series, 120bhp, ex academy, yellow and ali, full cage, Yoko A539, full screen

Michael Burnham (novice)

1.6 K series, 120bhp, ex academy, orange and black nose band, full cage, Toyo A610, full screen

Alec Tunbridge (novice)

1.6 K series, 120bhp, black, Avon ZV3, full screen, heater 😳 *tongue*

Neil Fraser

1.6 K series, 115bhp (or so he claims *tongue*), orange with black front wings and nose band, 15" Stunner Scudo, full screen, heater, tortoise

Jonathan Ward (novice)

1.6 K series, 120bhp, blue with yellow stripe, Yoko A539, full screen

Matthew Willoughby

1.6 8v Vauxhall, 100bhp, Classic Graduates spec, orange with black stripe, full cage, Yoko A539, aeroscreen

Malcolm & Judith Hickey

1.4 K series Supersport, 128bhp, British Racing Green, flared wings, Stunner Scudo, aeroscreen

Richard Ormson

1.6 K series, 120bhp, ex academy, green with yellow stripe, full cage, Bridgestone RE720, full screen

Paul & Hannah Boston (novices)

1.6 8v Vauxhall, 100bhp, green and yellow stripe, flared wings, Yoko A539 (on the back anyway), full screen

Andrew Willoughby

1.6 K series, 120bhp, ex academy, orange with black wings and nose band, full cage, Avon CR322, aeroscreen

Greg & Kristy Price

1.6 8v Vauxhall, 100bhp, Classic Graduates spec, black, full cage, Yoko A539, full screen

David Grewcock (novice)

1.6 8v Vauxhall, 100bhp, Classic Graduates spec, orange with black wings, full cage, Yoko A539, full screen

Alistair Gibbins

1.6 8v Vauxhall, 100bhp, Classic Graduates spec, green with yellow stripe, Yoko A539, full screen

Hope this is useful to you. Please put me right where I've got it wrong.

ASBO orange 1.6 VX

Edited by - Matthew Willoughby on 20 May 2008 20:44:10

Edited by - Matthew Willoughby on 21 May 2008 18:12:46

Matthew, my spec's correct too *thumbup*. Perhaps we should include the wind screen/aero detail too - it makes a bit of a difference at high speed events.

Alistair

[edited to get your name spelt right - sorry *redface*]

Edited by - Al on 21 May 2008 14:12:54

Nice work Matthew. The previous owner told me the car is 115bhp (no idea if it's EU2 or EU10, but it's a 2001 ex-Academy car if that helps).

The rest of the spec is correct, although maybe Malcom is willing to swap his Stunners for my 539's to make up for the difference in horse power! 😳

Jon

Spot on for us Matthew *thumbup*

Re the screens, I was watching your speed trap results with interest to see what difference the aero-screen made to an otherwise identical car to mine. The difference seemed to be about 4-5mph.

You're bang on the money with my spec - though you forgot to mention I do have a heater

Alec

Well if we are going that far, mine has a heater, leather Stype seats, carpet (including in the boot), windscreen, fat driver and tortoise. 😬

Matt, thanks for doing the list.

Jon

Stunners grip more in the dry but drag more in a straight line and (appear to) have less grip in the wet than 539s. IIRC 2001 should be EU3. Now stop being cruel to Malcom, he didn't go through a winter of work on downgrading his car to lose the class one cup to some Johnny come lately 😬

Greg

Surprised if aeros make that much difference at Curborough, suspect Fradley makes the difference, be interested to see all of the final speeds.

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Neil, you're probably right, I wasn't getting Fradley right all day *rolleyes*

As I was one of the last to go I was watching the timing boards in the holding area. The terminal speeds seemed to range from about 70-85mph. ISTR that yours was about 80.

Thanks for the list Matthew . Will make some useful comparisons possible.

For the record, the Bostons have Falken ZE512 tyres on the front

(no fiendish plan here, just on a tight budget!) ☹️

Surely the clams , paint and carpets make us heavier (trying to find any excuse) 😬

Paul+Hannah

Bank Holiday - taking the engine out - CRB - bu@@er

WHAT *eek*

.....you mean we might take off *confused*

Better add more weight - don't want any Low Flying 😬 or a 'four wheels off'

*idea* Wilton carpets and underlay will help

or

more pies 😬

P+HB

Edited by - magister on 25 May 2008 19:55:28