Click here if you are having website access problems ×

help setting up webers

jonsharland

Big night- started engine for the first time- success but cant get it to idle in spite of following manual. Revs wont go below 3000. Anyone in the Marlow area able to help . phone 0774 7003256. At least it runs, now to finish for SVA on Fri 7th

It sounds like air leaks on the O rings.

if you spray a little WD40 around the O ring joints the revs should increase if there is a leak.

Tighten the carbs carefully and evenly until they stop leakin g. You should then be able to set the idle.

If you have Spanish Webers you need to make sure you tighten all four nuts on each carb very carefully as if you twist the body even slightly the throttle spindle will bind and the throttle will not close correctly.

Happened to mine not long after I bought it and I found it was the throttle cable and return spring binding. A second spring had been fitted that restricted the movement at low throttle and caused tension in the cable which meant there was some binding going on as it twisted. A single spring and untwisting the outer cable to allow it to sit squarer sorted it out.