Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Senior M1 Milling Machine

Crudders

• Area Representative

Following the recent death of her Engineer father ☹️, a friend is looking to sell a milling machine, which is one of these here (not the Universal model that I linked to previously). It's not fully restored like the model in that link but is sound and tidy and could easily be brought up to that cosmetic standard. It's been a working workshop tool, which is what it's for after all.

It's single phase although the motor is noisy and may need attention. It comes with a quantity of accessories, cutting heads etc., still to be sorted out.

Tentative interest from John noted, but it probably doesn't have the vertical milling facility that John is after - I need to check this but I'm fairly sure it only has a motorised horizontal table.

This is a superbly useful tool that I would love to learn/experiment on myself, if only I had the space.

Dealers seem to ask around £1,300 for these models but I'm sure a deal can be done some way south of that.

Any more interest out there?

I can email photos and may try and set up a Webshots account, IT Police permitting.

Crudders

rbrunero at bptw dot co dot uk

Edited by - crudders on 16 May 2008 13:23:05

• Area Representative

Pictures now added to Webshots here.

As an incentive to view there's also a shot of the lovely Lucy Hawkings, who was a regular fixture on the Yokohama stand at the Autosport Show up to 2006 *cool* 🥰

Crudders

• 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Now advertised on Lathes.co.uk here with pictures. A Dividing head for milling gears and splines is also available separately.

Having looked into it further, we have established that the table moves horizontally and vertically.

Comes with spare motor to replace the noisy unit currently in place.

Location is London SE3.

Crudders

• 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Briefly sold but back on the market once the buyer realised that Derby is quite a long way from London *confused* *rolleyes*

Come on gents - cracking bit of gear this that would enable you to make up all sorts of components from billet rather than having them specially made *thumbup*

Just what the pitlane needs John *smile*

Cheers,

Crudders

P.S. Lucy is still looking great in her Lycra *tongue*