Click here if you are having website access problems ×

DR2 Video - CF and Power Questions

Mike Molloy

*confused*Apparently my "Car Kit A" has arrived today courtesy of that nice Mr Grigsby (cheers Rob *thumbup*).

Can any of the current users help out with a couple of queries?

1) What spec of CF card does it need? The Drivedata website seems to show the Sandisk Extreme III card in the pics, which is supposed to be rated at 20Mb/Sec. What is optimum for the DR2?

2) How are all the components powered? Is the cam fed from the recorder somehow or does it require separate juice? What sort of battery packs or rechargeables should I be looking for? (There's nothing worse than opening your new toy on Christmas morning only to find the words "Batteries Not Included" on the box...)

3) Any tips on how to set the camera aim? Is there provision for plugging in some means of real time viewing so you can see where it is pointing?

Thanks!

Mike.

ISTR

1 - as fast as you can get the better

2 - every thing is powered from the internal re-charachabe battery (included)

3 - no means for real time AFAIK, it took me several attempts to get it right, I have mine underslung from the lower part of the x brace on the cage, when it was from the top of the cage (hanging below) it wasn't right. the lense has a very wide field of vision *thumbup*

I am now considering ordering the mic as the internal one didn't pick much or anythign sound wise ☹️

picture quality seems pretty good onthe max setting, although into the sun it lok a bit bright, but this can be messed with in the config, but that is easier if you have a pc handy...

rob