Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

A big for clutch pedal stops

k80rum

I decided last night to make a clutch pedal stop for my car, after seeing Myles' post from a while back.

My only reason for copying the idea was the original design seemed able to overstretch the cable which didn't seem great.

After trying the car today, I'm impressed at what a noticeable and positive difference it has made.

I used a long bolt which sits inside the pedal box, the threaded end of it pokes through what's normally the bottom mount for a clutch master cylinder in the wall of the pedal box. A nut either side allows me to fine-tune where the bolt sits. The head of the bolt acts as a striker for the pedal when it's pressed down, to provide the stop.

A highly recommended modification for not much more than the cost of a long bolt and about 20 minutes work! A big thanks to Myles for the inspiration *smile*

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 14 May 2008 13:54:01

Darren,

It sounds lethal in an accident, may be better to mount on the pedal it facing forward from the pedal to the bulkhead..

Jon

-----------------------------------

Ital or Ford... the choice is yours....

Hmmm, I'll have the ford please Bob.

Just looking at your site; how is your expansion tank now mounted? My new freestyle gear has necessitated a relocation of my tank whihch I'm about to do but I'm interested how you've done yours to see if therre's any learning there. Could you please advise?

Mounted 😳

I think you need to make up a bracket. There is not much room there though.

I am quite tempted to get a tank similar to the one Darren had made. There will be space for this one under the nose cone.

Pretty sure some of my site pics show the old aluminium expansion tank which used an N-shaped channel on the underneath to sit on the chassis crossmember right at the front of the chassis . I'm now using the original plastic CC tank which I've sited behind the freestyle turret and in front of the engine.

It doesn't actually mount on anything because it sits nicely on top of my cooling pipework to the radiator and PRRT bypass. The big (bottom) expansion tank pipe is cable tied to the PRRT bypass pipe which keeps the pipe runs neat and adds some stability.

It all sounds a bit heath robinson but the tank is surprisingly well located and doesn't move.

Hope this helps!

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54