Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Excellent Weekend

The Comp Sec

I'm told that everyone had an excellent weekend and most people bettered their previous times.

Lots of people caught the Sun and some people caught a shower on Sunday afternoon!

There were some great drives some of which I've listed below. I'm sure there were many more so please accept my congratulations.

Here they are then.

Tamara and Michael Calvert. (It must be the modern wings they now have) 😬

Gill Elwell - always getting better!

Shaun Elwell - congrats on getting your first pot at Llys y Fran (and you weren't there to get it 😔)

Robin Bracket - Another first pot!

All last years Novices. It shows what a seasons experience gives you. Everyone of you made huge improvements *thumbup* Probably more than you thought you could do!

See you next weekend!

If you know of any other great drives over the weekend post them below!

Well Done

The drive from Llandow to Pontfaen accross the welsh outback with trailors was memorable *nono* *nono*

Trailblazer Durrant......."Follow me lads, sat nav shows a good route, *idea* we can get some petrol on the way " *eek* *eek*

Most enjoyable weekend though.

Robin

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

A brilliant weekend 😬

A big thank you to all for making it so much fun, but especially to Adrian Williams and Simon Rogers for their support and advice at Llandow (and for scaring me through the chicane 😳) and to Team Principal Suzanne (aka Stalker) who braved our laundry to get us scrutineered at Llys y Fran 😳

See you at Curborough *wavey*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

• Support Team

What a brilliant weekend!

I was very pleased with my progress - I seem to have made a bit of leap forward: nearly 4 seconds off my previous best at Llandow and my Llys y Fran time was much closer to the class leaders (and 8 seconds quicker than last year although that was of course a wet time). To win a trophy was icing on the cake - sorry I wasn't there to collect it but we had a 4 hour journey ahead of us and wanted to get home at a reasonable time. I'm really proud of Gill - she knocked about 16 seconds off last year's Llys y Fran time and nearly 10 seconds off her Llandow time.

I made another attempt at the Blonde Wig award on Saturday when I forgot to check the wheel nuts between runs and nearly lost a rear wheel *eek* despite Gill telling me that something wasn't right with it *redface*! Thank you to whoever told the commentator about that *wavey* for him announce over the tannoy.

Thumbs up to Julie for getting totally hooked after Llandow, securing a late entry to Llys y Fran and then putting in an excellent first run. The leaking sump problems means she has already experienced the extreme highs and lows of this sport that we all love.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Edited by - Shaun_E on 12 May 2008 08:56:15

Thanks to all for a great weekend, the buzz in the paddock with so many great performances just reminds you how exciting and addictive sprinting is. *thumbup*

Can anyone tell me what my last timed run was please, although obviously not good enough!

Jeff

A great weekend of speed in Wales where the sun shone on the righteous (just ask Simon) *wink* 😬

Congratulations on some great times and I would like to add;

Mrs K - for setting a new PB at Llandow *thumbup*

Nigel Fox - for two great times in class 4 at Llandow and Llys y Fran

Simon Rogers - for a stunning time at Llandow

Julie Greenhalgh - for a great debut and getting hooked

The yellow trowel roll of honour is as follows:

Llandow

Clive Bridges

John Caldicott

Alan Johnson

Llys y Fran

Rob Spencer

Simon Rogers

David Nelson

So David will be sporting the yellow trowel at Curborough *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mark,

Can you make it a very large shovel to put on Davids car please, it might slow him down 😬 😬

Well done David on two class wins and a stunning performance for your first time at llys-y-fran *thumbup*

Jeff

Fantastic weekend, Julie is well and truly hooked and asking why we're not doing Pembrey! Thanks again to all with words of encouragement/tools/metal putty etc to fix the sump enabling us to get a run in the afternoon *thumbup*

Class 4 Zetec *cool*.....keeping on the right side of the fairies

Another *thumbup* for a great Saturday. The sunshine definitely helped everyone's perfomance *cool*

Thanks to Tam, without whose advice I might still not have beaten my 100 second barrier 😳 at Llandow and to Roger for that final bit of advice which knocked one second off my final timed run. *thumbup* 😬

It was great to have so many ladies there to provide the competition *thumbup* Tam beat us all hands down - well done *smile*

See you all at Curborough *wavey*

Mrs K

• Leadership Team

A selection of photos from Llys y Fran are here

My favourites are 203 (just look at the eyes!) and 247 (evidence for a trowel).

A FANTASTIC weekend - good weather, good friends and good fun *thumbup*

Michael.

Edited by - Mcalvert on 12 May 2008 13:41:53

• Leadership Team

Rob - can you Blatmail me your email address please?

If anyone else wants copies of any pics, please send me an email to

mcalvert at aastra dot com.

Michael.

Michael

Your photos link has been blocked by my software as it contains 'provocative attire' *eek*

Obviously what you do in the privacy of your own home is your own concern but isn't it best kept on a less public site *eek* 😬

Edited to add - no wonder everyone wants copies *wink*

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Edited by - Kipper on 12 May 2008 16:16:35