Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dumb questions

Violet Elizabeth

Thanks ! OK, hammer and large screwdriver seems to have done the trick ! Looks like some of the rivets "tails" were still present, despite having removed their "heads".

The piping also did it's bit in helping keep the panel in Tony. Mine is a '92 car, so ,no, the rivets were all in "easy" reach. Give my regards to the good brothers of Leffe smile.gif

Am now windscreenless. Looks smart ! smile.gif

Thanks all. Will leave you to enjoy some more days off (I hope).

OK, after the triumph of "taking the screen off" I have to go back to being very stupid again.

From previous posts, sounds like the two little dints in the stanchion are for the inboard ends of the screens ? And the little feet things go here, left/right as you look from behind ? And I make hole through the stanchion, countersink from underneath ? My scewfix catalogue as some CSK machine screws, which is about as near as I can find to a countersunck bolt. Assume M2/M3/M4 etc are the widths, and I need to match a nyloc to this (can't find mention of dome headed nuts) ?

Further down the line I will need to attatch my little Racetech mirror, don;t think I can bolt this to the stanchion, so may have to bolt through the scuttle. Is this just a case of drill a hole in scancion & scuttle, and put a penny washer on the underside ?

Thanks !