Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cat exhaust for 1998 1,6K Superlight

yopcha

Hi to all,

Still searching for a Cat exhaust for my 98 1,6K superlight for registration in Germany.

Its got the factory Superlight style manifold with 4 pipes coming out from the hood going into 1 and then in the exhaust pot . Either a suitable pot with 200 cell catalyser or complete systhem for the 1,6K engine would be fine. Can arrange transport.

Cheers ,

Markus

Not quiet a way around the French systhem: I am German and living in Chamonix. Drove my German registered BMW for 6 years here without a problem and after looking on the German Caterham Club site found out that you can virtualy register any fuel injected Caterham without much hassle in Germany . I just still need that Cat exhaust and buy a new one if I have too, but I wont bother registering her here in France. Too much hassle and for my car probably impossible, so I'll drive her at the moment on English and by Authum on German plates.

Cheers

Markus

Markus,

You could take one of these standard catted silencers and modify the tail pipe and front tube to fit on your current 4-1 external collector manifold.

I have done it to mine. I can send you pics if you like ?

Nick.

Edited by - Nick Green on 14 May 2008 10:18:48

Hi again,

Sounds good to me, its for the German TÜV(MOT) so I probably want to change it back anyway when I get back to France with my Rego in the pocket. Send us a pic please and I'll have a look, how much do you want for the exhaustpot?

Cheers

Markus