Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Data Logger

Paul Thompson

Yup I've got one, I've used it at Brands and the Nurburgring so far. Seems pretty good, as standard it gives you speed, lateral/longitundanal g force, time, distance and revs (via a clip on HT lead cable) and a track map. There are 5 or 6 additional inputs for other sensors.

One of the more useful aspects is that it will record up to 100minutes of data before it needs to be connected to a laptop to download it.

There have been some comments about the accuracy of the timing varying depending on where exactly you place the end of lap marker in the software when viewing the data, it does vary a little (0.25 of a second depending on the position at Brands) but it's consistent enough for my use.

Plus the guys at Race Technology are amazingly helpful if you have problems and they are constantly refining the software to improve accuracy and add features.

If all goes well I'll be trying it out at Oulton Park on Tuesday 2nd June if anyone wants to see it in action.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 28 May 2002 14:38:10

Currently they are supplying the GPS device in the package (it all comes in a impressive looking metal case). The DL90 and GPS itself are both tiny, it does need a 12v supply in the car though. It comes with both mains and 12v adapters so that's fairly easy to sort out.

I'm not sure they are going to continue doing that for ever as I got the impression it was a special offer.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com