Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Arai GP5W helmet, large (with Hans clips) - 1 hour use only!

jimmyslr

I am selling an almost brand new Arai GP5W helmet, size Large. It is the version with Hans clips attached, so can be used with a Hans device (or not). This has been worn for 1 hour; strange but true. I bought it late last year for £600 from grand prix racewear at Silverstone. I wore it in the 2 Porsche Open races this weekend at Brands Hatch. It comes with a 2008 MSA scrutineering sticker on it that I picked up on Friday. The problem.... it is just too small... I thought it was snug and would stretch. It doesn't and it hurts too much to be bearable so I have bought an identical one in XL.

This is the version with a "T peak" rather than a moveable visor. If you want you can buy a visor and fit it. In its current form it is designed for closed cockpit cars; rumour has it lots of the WTCC guys use this one. You can see it here.... http://www.gprdirect.com/OnlineShop/Product.do?c=35&g=170

This is unmarked, undropped and generally perfect. The only reason I cannot give it back for a full refund is that I have cut a slit and a small hole in the foam for a microphone in front of the mouth for pit to car chat as I race. The microphone will not come with it.

Yours for £300 plus P&P. That is 50% off new after 1 hour of use!

James