Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

cheap ladies race suit??

neil.cavanagh

We are tying to get a resonably priced race suit for Nicki in time for Pembrey.

GPR dont' do any proban suits, and cheapest suit they offer is c. £200 + theft (even with friends of kipper discount).

I've tried bidding on a couple of suits on ebay but they have both gone for stupid money (proban suit, used for a season went for £110!!!).

Does anyone either have a spare race suit they would be willing to sell, or know of somewhere to buy a cheap-ish suit?? Preferably ladies fit.. but mens would be find to...

ta!

Have you tried looking at the marshal sites (their overalls are proban)

See here for example.

£44 sounds more reasonable for proban *smile*

alternatively, if you want to pay a littl more (or don't like orange *rolleyes*) then you can go direct to AWS (who make most of the marshal suits) and have a choice

Presumably the £200 quoted was for a nomex?

Edited by - RichardO on 6 May 2008 12:05:48

thanks Gill & Richard, we'll have a look at the links.

Patricia,

that is plan C..... as sods law will be if we buy and expensive suit and Nicki decides she only wants to do one season that ebay prices will be following that of my house and will have crashed for race suits! As there seems even less logic in paying £110 for a used proban suit than £250,000 for a 2 bed flat...

Neil

My old racesuit is going spare - it didn't sell at the Stoneleigh autojumble on Sunday!

It is a red OMP Star suit (Proban), size 52 - i'm about 5' 10" and a medium size.

I'm looking for £30 for it, (plus carriage, or I can take it to Curborough).

Any use?

Paul

Do what my wife does and go to GPR, mention that its more than she wanted to spend, isn't motorsport scary and expensive, look sad and hey presto, a discount! So far she's managed this three times with helmet, suit and boots *confused*

Mind you she does still buy racewear by colour rather than make, specification etc 😬

Edited by - Greg P on 6 May 2008 16:31:31

Try these boys : www.momo-uk.co.uk

They are the distributers for momo in the UK and whilst they don't have a full retail outlet if you call them you can arrange a visit to try on a suit or buy over the phone.

Whilst they have the 2008 range which isn't cheap earlier this year I bought 2 of last years 2007 range suits. A 2 layer nomex for I recall 150 pounds and a 3 layer for 220 which I thought was good value.

They might not have 2007 left but worth a call.

Will