Click here if you are having website access problems ×

War Veteran

Well thanks to the most famous threads and Boonie *thumbup* I now realise that I am convalescing a 'Nam war veteran 😳

So I knew that he had 'history' but as usual these heroes of past conflicts tend to keep themselves to themselves so wasn't fully aware of the full dangers he had faced.

After reading the fully disclosed exploits of his 'Platoon' I wondered if any other members of the crack squad were still in 'circulation' ?

Now he is going back to Sargeant Major Gerard (hopefully next week) for some more field 'surgery' to stop his innards leaking out under pressure of combat - hopefully ready for Operation Blat Noisy Snets (otherwise known as OBNS Snetterton Trackday with old chums), BUT that isn't the real thing.

So if a hill needs taking from the the sun rising opposition maybe, just maybe the old veteran will come out in anger once more.

Anyway in the meantime I think some stickers on the car saying 'Born To Kill' will look ace *thumbup*

How many other cars could wear that sticker with pride 🤔

Dicks

When Boonie junior asks Dad where were you in the Birkett I can look him in the eye and say son I was there.

I did my time holding the line...and thermos...against Mr Westy. I stood on that wall and said no one is going to pass...not our driver...not on my watch. Like idealists we were we volunteered from the shed to meet the mainly racing green peril but it wasn't long we all had the 1,000 yard stair - it was a long way up those stands to the sniper perch.

We happy band, we band of brothers (and sisters), took the fight to Mr Westy, we all did our part, some of us getting up close and personal in his back yard.

So I will proudly tell my son - I'm no hero, I'm a survivor and proud to say I served on that SEAL team.