Click here if you are having website access problems ×

That bloody mini

To answer CageyH.....

The mini was in a local garage for five weeks!!!!!!!!!!! "They couldn't find what was wrong" but they didn't charge for the "several hours" they spent trying to trace the fault.

Having read loads on t'web I then stripped and cleaned the carburretor and replaced the inlet/exhaust gasket. (By now allelectrics had been changed too!)

And the little fceker still wouldn't go up hill or run under any load *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

Took it to another garage - four hours later they had reset all the carb settings and hey-presto - sweet as a nut....

Ten miles later the front left wheel bearing went - that's this weekend's project! ☹️

Bloody cars! *nono*

I should add that I've lost two-stone since that car first started playing-up! (Just to ensure that the fault wasn't down to my substantial mass!!!)

Joint AR South Wales The Taffia

Webshots here

Edited by - Ash BAiley on 1 May 2008 14:45:28

Ahhhhhh, the joys of carbs etc

The MGC , Lill, would not start for ages until it was found the in new exhaust manifold was 2 thou thicker than the original inley manifold

So application of liguid gasket she runs sweet as a nut , just took 2 months to find

Get her running sweetly , 3 litres purring away and I act like a complete Cahv and Mash the diff

So we await the diff refurb , so I guess I'll make the MG International in June before I break her again or the weather turns icey

Mission accomplished

*arrowup* I'm amazed that it is as much as half, after all you are such a 'beast' with the white fluffy things that you must have a stallions 'manhood' that weighs more than any other part of your body

On the other hand, you could be daydreaming and the only way to lose that much weight was if you had liposuction on your (alledgedly) fat gut *tongue*

Dicks

PS nice to have you back Ash - them old parking meters been keeping you busy 🤔

*arrowup* Paul tells me to feck of daily, Del used to but can't be 🙆🏻 anymore - he's too busy emailing the big kn0bs to be bovvered with me - however after getting used to your erudite postings I have to say a straight forward (some might say simple) person like your goodself expressing forthright views is always a welcome read

Anyway I'm glad BJ has blown you good an proper - that fecking red dictator was no good in my book but I haven't said so on the thread upstairs else I might get a good Rogering, forward any replies to the hand 😬.

Dicks

I've told you before Bailey.

How can you expect that poor little car to put up with all the abuse you give it when you go dogging. It's no wonder the whole suspension isn't f&cked let alone just a bearing, and constantly flashing your lights and switching your interior light on and off is asking for electrical gremlins.

At your age and size now you'd better just leave it *nono* *nono* *nono*

Dry-sumped White Supersprint *smile*

Webshots here

And I think you were on a chat show on "Beacon Radio" the other evening talking about your obsessions! I'm sure you could find it on "listen again" on their website... 😳

Handcuffs, lost keys etc.... 😬 😬 😬 😬

*nono*

Joint AR South Wales The Taffia

Webshots here