Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear Brake Guinea Pig Required.......MORE BIG BRAKE HELP!

captain chaos

Update on Hi Spec,

I spoke to Roy at Hi Spec earlier in the week and in the first instance what he wanted was some photographs of the rear AP set up. I have now taken these and thye will go to Roy via email this morning and I will follow up with a phone call later today.

Alan

Cheers Alan, I spoke to Roy aswell yesterday...so he's fully aware of our position but I'm concerned how quickly they can respond. They are hoping to secure the R500 business which I'm sure, if successfull, will mean production delays on other stuff ☹️

Gary

As Mav pointed out the std caliper (and your new Hispec unit) bolt to the outside face of the std ears with a roughly 5mm thick spacer between..

I assume you have dismantled the rear hubs and removed the spacers needed to get the old disks in the right plane for the AP calipers... I also fitted a new set of std disks when I did this conversion as they are slightly different from the disk used on the rear AP setup...

Mine all went together fairly easily except for the handbreke cable stop (older hydraulic handbrake Hispec caliper) fouled one of the caliper mounting bolts so needed a bit of fettling... It even used the same flexi hoses as the AP...

Gary