Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sussex Performance Cars

McBreadhead

The Emerald whizz, Dave, from Southern Carbs has left and joined SPC. Has anyone heard of them before? They are an Emerald agent and have a 7 on their website so presume some cars have been through?

With Dave now gone this means that Southern Carbs can't do rolling road tests with Emeralds (and any others if I'm led to believe) so their facility is down while they search for a replacement.

I plan to take 7 to SPC tmrw and any advice prior would be gratefully received. The carbs and fuelling have been done by Tom Airey already but timing map is very poor so just want them to map it.

McB

Nick, sorry to throw this off at a tangent but did you get the gearbox realigned and the vibration sorted?

Never heard of Sussex Performance Cars by the way. *wink*

Brent

(aka Arfur Nayo)

2.3 DURATEC SV You know when you've been AMMO'd *eek* 😬

R470.69 😬

Mick thanks, yes I know of Steve Greenald who comes recommended, however Horsham is just down t' road and Dave there knows Emeralds from his time at Southern Carbs. Took car in today so fingers crossed, they are working on it tmrw.

Brent yes, well partly - had car on ramp and appears some well intentioned soul couldn't get gearbox to line up with factory holes in the AV mount so they drilled/filed slots in the plate to suit. Only problem is they're not allowing gearbox so sit centrally in transmission tunnel so I need to remove plate and file more or get new plate altogether.